Freddie Mac relaunched their CreditSmart® homebuyer education with the name CreditSmart® Homebuyer U.
For Freddie Mac loans requiring homeownership education, CreditSmart® Homebuyer U-With Certificate may be used as an alternative to other Freddie Mac acceptable programs.
The following CreditSmart® Homebuyer U-With Certificate modules would be required:
- Module 1 (Overview & Introduction of the Homebuying Process)
- Module 2 (Managing Your Money)
- Module 3 (Your Credit and Why It Is Important)
- Module 4 (Getting a Mortgage)
- Module 5 (Finding a Home and Closing on a Loan)
- Module 6 (Preserving Homeownership)
This date is effective immediately.
Loan Product Advisor feedback messages will be updated by February 4, 2020. Loan Product Advisor will continue to display "CreditSmart - Steps to homeownership" for the interim period.
Please reference the Product Profiles for the changes outlined in this announcement.