The below Smart Series Product updates are effective immediately.
smart series product updates
The below are effective immediately. The first section applies to all Smart products unless noted and is followed by product specific requirements.
updates applicable to all products
The following changes have been made to SmartEdge, SmartSelf, SmartTrac, SmartVest, SmartCondo and SmartFunds, as applicable.
appraisals for correspondents:
- Correspondent lenders may use their own AMC. Correspondent Bank clients may utilize an appraisal panel with NewRez prior approval
- Use of Protek ARR as eligible for correspondents only
- Property taxes that have been reduced to a lien against the property are no longer considered a foreclosure for purposes of derogatory credit seasoning. A letter of explanation is required from the borrower
gift funds (not permitted with smartvest and smartfunds)
- Added fiance as an acceptable donor
non-permanent resident aliens (not permitted with smartvest and smartfunds)
- Added additional eligible visa types and updated remaining visa term to 12 months from note date
Unreimbured business expenses (ube) (not applicable to Smartvest and smartfunds)
- Updated due to 2018 tax law change. Must still consider UBE for 2017, if applicable
- Now allows title vesting in an LLC for all Investor products
- Updated for primary purchase or rate and term refinances:
- Added a $3,000,000 loan amount level at 80% LTV with 720 FICO
- Increased LTV to 75% for $3,000,000 loan amount with 680 FICO
interested party contributions (IPC)
- Added requirements for 3% maximum IPC for >90.01%
- Increased LTV 65% for primary purchase or rate and term refinance with 680 FICO and $3,000,000 loan amount
- Added the ability, when tax returns are provided, to use bank statements in place of tax returns with additional requirements.
- Added that in Pennsylvania, pre-payment penalties are not permitted on 1- or 2-unit properties with a loan amount less than $300,000
Please reference the product profiles in the NewRez Lending Library for full details.