New IRS Requirements for the 4506-C Form
Newrez LLC "Newrez" Approved Correspondent Clients: Newrez will align with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) new 4506 requirements. For additional information, please refer to the Deviation Impact Bulletin 2.
To comply with the new Form 4506-C requirements, the following changes will be effective with loans closing on or after December 1, 2021. Please note that Newrez may request a new form be executed by the borrower, if an incorrect form was used.
New guidelines are as follows:
- A 4506-C form must be signed and completed for each borrower, up to four years
- If the borrower is self-employed, a separate form 4506-C is needed for each business
- A “clean” 4506-C form must be submitted to be accepted by the OCR reader
Please note the IRS will no longer accept:
- Multiple tax form numbers online 6
- Multiple boxes checked on lines 6 and 7
- Extra years authorized on line 8